Friday, April 3, 2009

The San Francisco Treat

Why is it I always forget how much I love San Francisco?? Every time I'm here, I have an awesome time with awesome people. We can do a little, we can do a lot, it can be with old friends or new...this town just WORKS for me, you know?

I spent the day chilling in out in Noe Valley, where Tara and Andy live. Walking around, stretching my legs in preps for the 11 (!) hour drive I have ahead of me tomorrow. Then late this afternoon I went over to Potrero Hill to check out Felipe and Malee's condo before heading to Yield to wine about life.

In the same vein of always forgetting my love of SF, I also forget how much better life looks through an empty wine glass. Malee and I split a couple (or 3?) carafes of a white that I wish I could remember the name of but I know it had chives in the description. Anyway, somehow, life seemed real manageable after that.

I can't seem to make the switch to red, even tho I know that at almost 31 I need to trade in the white stuff. But I like it, and I don't like red. So of course I had to try everyone's red because apparently if only I would TRY enough red I would find one I like. The mission continues.

All wine and no food makes one loopy, so we split the warm dungeness crab dip which was AMAZING. (read as: we ate what was left after the bread was gone with spoons.) Also delectable was the chevre-stuffed-dates and the cheese plate. The dates were like nothing I had ever had. Probably because I don't think I've ever had dates before.

Then we ventured over to The Front Porch. One look at that website and you know I loved that place. Our bucket of fried chicken was delivered in a popcorn bucket. And there were mashed potatoes and steak fries and brussel sprouts and dominoes!!! Tara won the dominoes. I got a shirt. I heart rocking chairs. I was trying to choose between two shirts, so I used the bathroom as a dressing room, modeled the choices and went with the one that we all liked best. We all being several people in the restaurant and the waitstaff...Oh and there was also a guy playing guitar that Andy kept talking to in Spanish.

Pictures to prove it all:

My SF hosts, T & A

Malee and MAB, followed by Tara and MAB



That's Brian our bartender and me with my new shirt which was totally right for me seeing as how it's "athletic in an ironic hipster way." I've never been described better.

I've got an early morning in which I will allow a vanilla chai. The gnome has been bugging me about missing out on the photo seshes so I promised him a stop along the 101 so he can pose with the Golden Gate bridge. That seemed to appease him. Little does he know we'll most likely run into a bunch of his gnome relatives during our trek down the Avenue of Giants...(I'm hoping we will at least...)

2 comments:

  1. Drive safe today! Last night was a blast and I have a headache to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear MAB,

    I will be leaving Chicago to move underneath that Front Porch Place.

    The End

    AA

    ReplyDelete